- Our fees for a full skin check are capped at an “out-of-pocket” cost of $68. (current as of Jan 2017)
- Most full check appointments are around 20 minutes, depending on the level of sun exposure to the skin, and number of moles and freckles, and lesions of concerns.
- The cost on the day may vary between $105 to $139, before the Medicare rebate is applied. After the rebate, the cost is capped at $68.
- Instant Medicare rebate refund is available.
- Concessions apply to aged pensioners above 65, Commonwealth Senior Health cards holders and Veterans. They are bulk billed.
- Normal private fees apply for holders of Health Care Cards, State Senior Cards, Disability Pensioner Cards and other concession cards.
- No additional out-of-pocket fees apply for simple punch or shave biopsies performed at a skin check consultation.
- Other surgical procedures are performed in dedicated procedural appointments. Refer to Procedures and Skin Cancer Surgery below.
Procedures and Skin Cancer Surgery
- These are performed in dedicated procedural sessions.
- Out of pocket fees apply except aged pensioners above 65, Commonwealth Senior Health cards holders and Veterans.
- Fees range from approximately $150 to $400 depending on the location, size and complexity of the lesion. The fee will be quoted prior to the procedure.
- A $15 surcharge applies
- Concessions do not apply. All appointments are privately billed.
Patients without Medicare
- Please advise our staff and doctors as fees vary depending on the services provided.
- Additional costs from pathology companies will apply without Medicare.
- As some of the fees are not within our control, please ensure these have been explained to your satisfaction prior to your appointment.